Vacation Recap during covid 19

Over Memorial Day weekend my parents, my darling daughter Charlotte and I went to the eastern shore of Virginia. It was a much-needed vacation, my mother is an essential worker and the stress of what was going on in the world was maxing out our anxiety. 

I drove the entire way from Pennsylvania to Virginia towing our pop up camper. We arrived in the middle of the day at my uncle's house, a town outside of Chincoteague island. After setting up our camper. We began our usual tourist vacation routine. Driving around scoping out what was open and what was new. With a list in hand and yelp reviews read, we were ready to take on this small island. With all businesses and visitors listening to social distancing guidelines, lines were long and businesses were overwhelmed and packed. 

The weather was either warm accompanied by mosquitoes or windy and cold. There was no in-between but I’m not complaining I enjoyed both temperatures and packed for both. 

The first meal of my vacation was shrimp tacos from Captain Zach’s. Located off of Maddox boulevard on Deep Hole Road. 


These tacos were so good. I will be recommending this meal to anyone when I am asked what is a great seafood taco meal to eat here on Chincoteague. 

After having my first taste of seafood I knew that my vacation was going to be packed with delicious foods. I’ve eaten plenty of seafood from the island and I was never once disappointed with the selection, taste, or price range. 

During our ride to the beach, we saw wild ponies in the swamp area off the side of the road and it was a joyous moment for my daughter. I took her out of her car seat and she fearlessly hung out of the window while pointing in their direction and yelling in her excited baby talk. The beach was open, however, swimming was prohibited. The sea was rough the entire time we visited, so we didn't chance to get too close to the water in the probability of getting wet. 
 
      


On the beach, my family took photos together. When we were leaving myself and my younger cousin trinity were nearly attacked by seagulls because my father thought that feeding them French fries would’ve been entertaining. To the man that was parked next to us, I apologize for the ruckus and the swarming of the birds when you were trying to get into the car after dusting the sand off your feet. 


   

All of our mornings we’re fueled by donuts from Sandy Pony Donuts located on Maddox. This food truck made fresh donuts and they were delicious. I’m linking there menu and recommending them to everyone. I tried all 24 flavors and I loved them all. I left a few pounds heavier than when I came.

                 

(Note: these photos are missing a few donuts because they were too good to capture a photo before devouring them. We got one donut of each during this trip. My tip is to get to Sandy's before they're all out.) 

I shopped for souvenirs that had my daughter's name on them also I had to expand my simply southern clothing collection. 

The second noteworthy meal that my mouth is STILL watering from the thought of. Is the crab dip in the bread bowl from steamers.


This right here is a MUST TRY! My cousins raved about this I didn't expect it to live up to the hype but it did and oh my gosh. I completely trust my instincts when I say you will love this too. Go try it! You will not regret it. 

My final meal was a hoagie from Posienden's pantry. This place is new to me and I know my daughter loved her grilled cheese from this place. 



It breaks my heart to leave every time. There is something about this tiny island that I just love. Taking my daughter and seeing her smile every possible second was a memory I'd never forget. I know she'll soon fall in love with this island too. 

Have you been here? What do you love to do and eat here?

Comments