Wondering


This afternoon, I was doing yard work, and while glancing at the sky, some birds caught my attention, they were chirping on the power lines. Thinking to myself, of all places, you're here. In my back yard. Why? You have wings and could go anywhere? And yet you're here. Then right as those words came off of my lips, I scoffed. Wings! If only there were these metal objects that can either drive or fly me anywhere I would like to go. 

Thinking to myself, Cindi, would you want to be somewhere else? As I began to daydream about being on a yacht in the Medatraiean or biking on the coast of the outer banks. Huffing to myself, keep dreaming and got right back to doing yard work. 

When I grow old, I want to have never-ending great memorable stories to tell my grandkids and even the other residents in the nursing home. Why not? What is stopping me from going to these places you only see in advertisements, on tv or as prizes on game shows. 

Do I have to follow the same direction as the majority of people or can I set my own destination? I can be free as a bird or follow the leader of the pack. Graduate high school, go to college or military, marry someone, and then come back to either my hometown or their significant others and live in a 20-minute radius from where my life or there significant happened. To me that's boring. *if you've done that please take no offense to my statement*

If you have the option to follow your wildest travel dreams. Would you take it or would you let the opinions of others influence your dream? My dream growing up was to own a house and entertain on the weekends for family and friends, to have a happy family and see the world. Just like most of you. Now I don't need a home to entertain small is fine. 

Hmmm, do you wonder about the same thing?

The longer it takes to start acheveing your dreams the longer it takes to see them unfold.

Comments