Chincoteague

Chincoteague Island, Virginia. I've been visiting this small island on the Eastern Shore of Virginia since I was 13-years-old. I love it! And I know you will too.



There is something to do on the island for everyone.
Rather it's fishing, swimming at the beach, shopping or playing golf. I have you covered and have all the details. 

Keep reading and soon you'll have your own informative personal travel guide, by yours truly.
When your GPS starts getting into the single-digit miles that's when you should roll down your window and start to smell the saltwater crisp air.

Let's start the guide with before you cross over the causeway to get to the island. 
Ray's Shanty. (Read* It's either your first stop or your last stop of your trip.) The food here is delicious. Since I stay with family off the island this is where we usually order out to eat. Heading to the island it is on your left side of the road. They over plenty of tasty options for the whole family to enjoy. 
Further down the road. 
Those large satellite dishes in the fields behind the large fences. That is NASA and there they have scheduled rocket launches that you can see from the island. They even have a museum that you can go to and do tours and do sciency stuff. I went when I was young and haven't gone back yet. I plan on going back when my daughter is old enough to understand a small amount of the information provided.

Now you're heading onto the causeway. Soon the island will be in view. On the causeway, you can see the inlet, wildlife, and advertisements. At the stoplight, you're there. You're entering your refreshing and relaxing vacation. From the delicious foods and ice cream, nature trails, to renting a bicycle or a scooter, Chincoteague Island has it all. 

Ice Cream:
The two competing ice cream parlors. Mister Whippy and Island Creamery. I go to both of these places to eat ice cream at and they both provide delicious ice cream. Do you have a preference?  

Nature:
There are plenty of walking trails and biking trails for you to enjoy. My favorite trail is on Assateague Island called the Marsh Trail. The trail to see the lighthouse is also a must-do. 

My favorite places to eat are: 
Steamers
The Village 
Ray's Shanty
Don's Seafood 
Build your own cookie
Maria's 
Pico Taqueria 
Those are my favorite places to eat.  
Do you have any? 

Things to do:
There is a new water park on the island. It is Maui Jack's Waterpark near the KOA campground. I plan on going there with my daughter on my next trip in May. 
The popular thing to do is to rent a bicycle or a scooter at one of the many rental places. Another is water activities rather it is a boat tour or swimming you can do it all here. 

Enclosed are websites I have found helpful for planning my trip and I know you will too. 

Comments