New Hampshire

I took another trip to New Hampshire for the weekend in September to see a close friend. I visited her in Laconia. A typical small town with a few hidden treasures. During my time there I made it my mission to find those treasures. Laconia's downtown is filled with plenty of shops most of them are antique stores where you can uncover treasures of the past.

The first thing I found was a unique place to eat. Who in their right mind would not be interested in enjoying a nice drink and even more delicious desserts...... in a church. Yes you read that right in a church. There is a bar inside of a church. To be exact it is the Holy Grail of the lakes food and spirits. Located in downtown Laconia. I loved it there and I know that you will too! I enjoyed this place and so did my friend and I think you will too, the Holy Grail should be on your To Do List! 


The second thing I wanted to find was a view. I love seeing breathtaking views! Since I went on my trip during fall it was New Hampshire's peak foliage. You bet your heart that I was on the hunt for a killer view. My friends father told me of a tower where I could see Lake Winnipesaukee and without hesitation I was already in the car heading in the direction I was pointed to. The Abenaki Tower in Melvin Village. It was a drive but that didn't stop me. There were views of the lake during the drive and I definitely pulled over more than once. There was about a ten minute hike from where we parked our car to the tower but, it was all worth it in the end. The view was incredible!


I rode the Cannon Mountain Aerial Tramway located in Franconia State park. This was so neat to experience because of the weather. When we arrived at the bottom of the mountain where you get your tickets it was the average fall weather that we have been experiencing all day and week. As we boarded our tram the weather change instantly and it began to hail. As soon as we crossed the crest of the mountain it was a complete white out. Needless to say we made the best out of the situation and enjoyed our very cold and winded time at the top of the mountain. I read in a review that you can see Canada from the top of the mountain. Possibly on my next visit I'll be able to see Canada :) 


This trip was filled with adventure, laughter and unforgettable memories. It definitely won't be the last trip I take to New Hampshire. I hope this post inspires the travel bug in all of us. Here are more photos of my trip to New Hampshire. 

Comments